Well, I said last night that I would try to post something again possibly a part 2 for yesterdays post. So yeah, here it is.
“He was a bold man that first ate an oyster.”
— Jonathan Swift
Okay, yeah the first man to eat an oyster was a bold man or he did it on a dare and turned out to like it. who knows. But he or she liked it. And now the oyster is one of the most loved seafood delicacies out there. But now loved like caviar. I can only wonder who it was who ate the first fish eggs? I can only guess they were like we eat birds eggs why not fish eggs? They should be just as good don’t you think? And now it’s a delicacy people can’t live without. I dunno about anyone else but I find that very interesting.
Well, why don’t I make this post a little more interesting too. Here are some food facts I find interesting.
1. The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as substitute for blood plasma.
2. Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.
3. The world’s oldest piece of chewing gum is 9000 years old.
4.Fried chicken is the most popular meal ordered in sit-down restaurants in the US. The next in popularity are: roast beef, spaghetti, turkey, baked ham, and fried shrimp.
5. Swiss Steak, Chop Suey, Russian Dressing, and a Hamburger all originated in the US.
6. Consuming chocolate was once considered a sin during the 16th and 17th century.
7. Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
8. Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave. You have been warned!
9. The can opener was invented 48 years after cans were introduced.
10. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
Well, I hope these facts are interesting to anyone else as they are to me. I mean that’s if anyone actually does read this lol. Anywho’s I’m gonna go for the night. Laterz.