My name is Stephanie, and I live in the Pacific Northwest. I have lived here my entire life. I haven’t traveled to many places outside of here except for Minnesota to visit friends. But who am I really? I’ll tell you.
I didn’t grow up with everything I wanted, but I always had what I needed. My parents ever made sure to provide for my brothers and me. I’m the youngest out of us. My mother was determined to have a baby girl named Stephanie and keep having babies until she got her. As they say, third times the charm, lol.
I’m someone who wants to bring awareness to mental health because I have Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, and ADHD. I have been an emotional roller-coaster since I was 10 years old. In my post about I haven’t lived like you… explains why that is. I have had difficulty being in reality itself, and most people don’t understand that. I didn’t really start living my life until after I went to Intensive Out-Patient Dialectical Behavior Therapy (I.O.P. D.B.T.). That is when I realized I wasn’t living my life. I was just surviving day today. I wanted to take control of my life and live it finally. I stayed in therapy, and I have continued with it. I’m now excepting parts of myself I never thought I would. I’m learning what healthy relationships are and what communication is. I never knew how to communicate as a child because I was too scared to talk to anyone, so I never developed the skills.
So yes, I’m an introvert. I like being at home. I’m not significant about being outdoors, but that’s because I’m highly allergic to bees. I have to carry an epi-pen at all times once they come out of hibernation. I don’t like the heat or being in the sun, but I’ll keep sunblock on me to keep from burning. I feel like an Oompa Loompa if I tan. Not saying other people look that way, just how I feel when I look at myself. I love the fall because of Halloween. I love all things dark and spooky.
- Here are a few of my favorites:
- Animal: Bats
- Artist: Francisco De Goya
- Movie: It changes so MUCH! So, here’s a list… Rigoletto by the company features films for families, Nightmare before Christmas, Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street, The Conjuring, Erin Brockovich, Finding Forrester, October Sky, Happy Gilmore, and Lucy Shimmer and the Prince of Peace or Prince of Peace. By the way, not find of chick flicks rare to be in the mood for one… weird, I know, my family says so L.O.L.
- Books: The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks
- Food: Nachos and Traditional Japanese Ramen.
- Quote: “It is hard to be happy without a life worth living. This is a fundamental tenet of D.B.T. Of course, all lives are worth living in reality. No life is not worth living. But what is important is that you experience your life as worth living—one that is satisfying, and one that brings happiness.”
- ― Marsha M. Linehan, D.B.T. Skills Training: Manual.
- If you have any other questions, ask me.